Deadline for Applications is Feb 8th, 2019:
A Postdoctoral Researcher position in the psycholinguistics of Heritage Language Bilingualism is available in the Department of Language and Culture at the University of Tromsø – The Arctic University of Norway. The position is affiliated with the Psycholinguistics of Language Representation (PoLaR) lab and is connected to a large research project HeLPiNG (Heritage-Bilingual Linguistic Proficiency in the Native Grammar: Charting and Explaining Differences: HeLPiNG), funded by the Tromsø Forskningsstiftelse 2019-2023. This is one of several postdoctoral researcher and Professor II positions associated with the HeLPiNG project. The position will start no later than Sept 1st 2020, earlier if mutually agreed.
The appointment is a fixed term position for a period of three years.
• A PhD in Linguistics, Cognitive Science, Neuroscience, Psychology or another relevant field required.
• Experience with experimental methods in language acquisition/processing.
• Excellent command of spoken and written English.
• High command/competence of statistical modelling, research design and working with and/or compiling corpora expertise is highly desirable.
• Native or Near-Native competence of Western Romance, especially (Brazilian) Portuguese and/or Spanish is desirable.
• Experience with (or willingness to learn) EEG, MRI and/or Eye-tracking is desirable.
The applicants must provide a contextualizing statement/proposal (3 pages maximum), indicating their background and experience with research to all (appliocable) bullet points above with particular emphasis on methods and design, knowledge of analysis inclusive of programs (and programming), and how they see themselves fitting into HeLPiNG, especially in relation to the research questions and aims of the HeLPiNG project. Please also indicate which languages and what domains of grammar you might wish to study and why, always in relation to the research questions and aims.
The application must include:
• letter of application
• contextualizing statement/proposal
• CV (containing a complete overview of education, supervised professional training and professional works)
• diplomas and references (scanned copies of degree (or a letter from supervisor indicating date of expected awarding of the PhD) and a list of three to four references who can be contacted, inclusive of contact information)).
• Three samples of published work or other professional writings.
Documentation have to be in English language. Submit applications electronically through Jobbnorge: https://www.jobbnorge.no/en/available-jobs/job/179390/postdoctor-researcher-in-heritage-language-bilingualism
For further information about the positions and the project please consult the lab and project websites as above and/or contact Professor Jason Rothman via E-mail: email@example.com.