The Aurora Center for Language Acquisition, Variation & Attrition (AcqVA Aurora) at UiT The Arctic University of Norway is pleased to invite you to the 4th International Symposium on Bilingual and L2 Processing in Adults and Children (ISBPAC 2022) on August 4th and 5th, 2022.
ISBPAC aims to bring together researchers who investigate bi-/multilingualism from various disciplines, including linguistics, cognitive science, neuroscience, multimodal communication, and language pedagogy, addressing language acquisition and processing in any domain of language as well as the neurocognition and neurobiology of bi-multilingualism.
Viorica Marian, Northwestern University
Eleonora Rossi, University of Florida
Zofia Wodniecka, Jagiellonian University
*Call for papers:*
The symposium welcomes submissions for all types of bi/multilinguals related to linguistic acquisition and processing and for studies examining the role bi/multilingualism plays in (neuro)cognition. This includes early and late bilinguals, L2 and Ln learners, all domains of language(syntax, morphology, semantics, phonology, the lexicon and discourse/pragmatics, and their interfaces) and language related neurocognition, employing on-line (e.g., self-paced reading or listening, eye tracking, ERPs, neuroimaging techniques) and offline methods. The topics are but not limited to:
- Morphological, syntactic, phonetic, phonological, lexical processing
- Crosslinguistic influence in bilingual speech production and comprehension
- Cognitive consequences of bi-/multilingualism
- Language processing in attrition
- Implications of bi-/multilingual language processing for teaching
- Neuroscientific studies of bilingual processing
- Multimodal language and communication
Abstract Submission: OPEN NOW!!!
- We accept submissions for poster and/or talks.
- Abstracts should be no more than 500 words maximum (Times New Roman size 12, with one additional page for examples, tables, figures and (selected) references.)
- Title should be visible (preferably centered at top of page, in bold, in sentence case).
- Please make the abstract fully anonymous: authors’ names, affiliations, or pictures should not be indicated/included anywhere in the document.
Please submit your abstract via EasyChair here:
Conference: August 4th and 5th, 2022
Abstract Submission deadline: March 1st, 2022
Notification of Acceptance: May 1st, 2022
Registration: May 1st, 2022 opens
Early Bird Registration: May 1st, 2022 – June 15th, 2022
UiT The Arctic University of Norway
ISBPAC 2021 Organizers
- Maki Kubota (co-chair)
- Fatih Bayram (co-chair)
- Nadine Kolb
- Yanina Prystauka
- Aleksandra Tomic
- Khadij Gharibi
- Alicia Luque
- Jason Rothman
- Vincent De Luca
- Marit Westergaard
- Aleksandra Bogoiavlenskaia
Student Travel Awards
Five such awards will be awarded for in person attendance at this conference. This award is funded by the AcqVA AURORA Center and is meant to assist students who are interested in attending ISBPAC2022 by offsetting some of their expenses with a stipend of up to 5000 NOK.
Preference is given to applicants with the greatest financial need. Both PhD and MA students are encouraged to apply. Once the submission portal is open, we will have a question indicating whether you would like to be considered for this Student Award when submitting your abstract and space for you to indicate your need, e.g., the extent to which you are eligible for some or no funding from your home institution.
Please direct any questions about the conference to Maki Kubota and/or Fatih Bayram: firstname.lastname@example.org