We seek proposals that address a theme or research methodology that will be of interest and relevance to the journal’s international readership of language learning scholars. We are especially interested in special issue themes that will highlight work in areas of inquiry, theoretical approaches, and methodological tools in language learning which are underrepresented.
The special issue will bring together nine original contributions of standard article length (9,000 words including references) and will be accompanied by an introduction written by the guest editor(s) (example).
It is envisaged that guest editors would directly invite their contributors. However, they might also want to put out a “rapid-response” open call, to ensure that they are gathering the best of the relevant field.
Proposals should include:
- a general description of the issue and its potential contribution to the field (maximum 800 words);
- a list of proposed authors and article abstracts (300-400 words);
- the name(s) and qualifications of the guest editor(s), including relevant editing experience (maximum 300 words per editor).
Deadline: E-mail proposals in a single .pdf file to email@example.com by 25 September 2019.
- 25 September 2019: Proposals due.
- 25 October 2019: Winning proposal announced.
- 20 March 2020: Submission of first-draft manuscripts to Language Learning via ScholarOne.
- 15 May 2021: All final manuscripts due, submitted via ScholarOne.
Proposals will be reviewed by the Editorial Board of the journal. The special issue will appear online in 2021. Please contact Editor of Special Thematic Issues/Associate Editor Judit Kormos (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.