At the Eurosla Committee meeting in Dublin 2005, the Executive Committee decided that the association should grant a number of stipends to students who have had papers accepted and who can show that they do not have sufficient funding to attend the conference without the stipend. The details regarding the number of stipends and the sum awarded are negociated between the local organisers and the EC committee depending on the budget situation of the association. Once that is settled, the stipends and call for applications should be announced at the same time as the call for papers.
The Call for Applications should contain the following:
- a CV
- Eurosla membership status
- Type and title of presentation
- An official document confirming student status
- A document showing that the student could not receive full funding support for attending the conference
If applicants have problems producing documents (especially of type 5) before the conference (because they had no scanner, etc.), we accept if they bring the documents to the conference.
The evaluation of the applications involves:
- Checking that the applicants fulfill the main criteria for support (being a student, having a presentation accepted, evidence showing that they had no or insufficient support from other parties).
- Ranking applications based on (a) type of presentation (paper/poster; first/2nd author), and (b) the rating of the abstract with the aim to identify those 15 students who most need & deserve financial support.
The stipends are handed over at an official ceremony during the conference (part of the Opening ceremony or the AGM) in cash.
For a list of previous winners of this grant (since 2012), please click here.